The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in receiving and applying cash payments to customer accounts and ensuring that all payments received are coded, and entered into the Accounts Receivable system on a timely basis. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for making collection calls, following up on payments and performing tasks associated with the recovery of payments from delinquent customers.
This position calls for a professional, analytical problem solver who will be responsible for effectively researching, analyzing, documenting and resolving discrepancies. Candidate must meet productivity deadlines therefore time management skills and self-motivation toward goal achievement is necessary. This individual should be a self-starter, must be willing to work on a variety of assignments, open to cross training and the possibility of assuming different positions within the accounting group.
The Controller role will encompass all areas of Accounting from financial accounting to forecasting and include specific projects and tax work. Working alongside the CFO and COO, the successful candidate will be required to advise on potential acquisitions, new projects and business decisions made by the company as well as ultimate responsibility for the financial accounts preparation and the day to day operations of finance.
• Maintain a documented system of policies and procedures
• Own all aspects of the general ledger, including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, expense recognition, accounts payable, and bank reconciliations
• Prepare monthly management and board financial reporting packages
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and calculate variances
• Provide financial analysis as needed for pricing decisions and contract negotiations
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
• Assist with preparation and review of federal and state tax returns and collaborates with external tax accounting firm on filings
• Lead implementation of new or updated accounting systems as the company grows
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in the accounting field
• 5+ years of accounting experience
• Must be proficient with MS Office programs, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Great Plains experience a plus
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with all levels of personnel
• Ability to manage various tasks simultaneously and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills: able to work constructively within a team environment
• Proven track record in process improvement
• Proactive, goal oriented and extremely detailed
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the policies and practices of the corporation and is the ethical and social consciences of business within the laws. This person will handle all the documentation related to employee reviews, disciplinary actions, hiring and employee terminations. The individual will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the media industry.
This is for Applicants that wish to apply to join the organization for a variety of company positions that are not currently listed as open. This will allow our HR Department to keep your application on file as positions open up within the Company.
The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for Level 1 and 2 desktop support to all end users.
This person acts as the first point of contact by utilizing our IBIS Help Desk Ticketing system for all technical support requests. Should be capable of troubleshooting and fixing common desktop support problems by phone, in person and other remote support methods.
- Configure, maintain, and support Windows PCs and laptops.
- Manage and Maintain VOIP phone system (Mitel)
- Manage Active Directory and Account Creation (PowerShell Experience a plus)
- Maintain and Troubleshoot E-mail issues. Experience with Office 365 is a plus
- Keep accurate accounting of all computers, computer software, and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot remote access issues.
- Install and support network printers and copiers.
- Setup and troubleshoot mobile devices such as iPhones and Androids.
- Manage email accounts, and calendar using Microsoft Outlook and mobile devices.
- Support Microsoft Office Suite (2010)
- Provide help desk support in-person and over the phone.
- Create training materials to assist employees proactively.
- Ability to meet or exceed established performance goals.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year help desk experience
- Ability to Prioritize issues while maintaining deadlines and quality standards
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, e-mail and via Help Desk System
- Ability to maintain high level of detail and maintain documentation
- Ability to move equipment up to 50 lbs
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to increase customer satisfaction results
- Effectively handle complex employee issues in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards for employee satisfaction.
- Make independent decisions based on established guidelines.
- Accurately document employee records including, essential information that was necessary to resolve the customer’s concern.
- Utilize web-based applications to navigate through multiple on-line information resources.
BrandStar, a full service production facility that produces multiple LIFETIME television shows and specializes in branded content entertainment, seeks Associate Producers. Right now there are limited opportunities for creative thinkers that can effectively do the following;
*Inside Sales; ideal candidates will have previous B2B sales experience, including the ability to communicate with Presidents, CEO’s, VP’s of Marketing and Brand Managers.
*Creative Conceptualization; selected Associates Producer (AP’s) will have the ability to conduct on-line and offline research in order to develop new story topics and trends, as well as the ability to communicate these ideas to potential brands.
*Self-Motivation; AP’s will have the ability to remain self-motivated in contacting potential brands for segmented content programming for television and web. The ideal AP will be able to research and secure at least six scheduled opportunities with key decision makers each day.
BrandStar will provide tools and support including onsite lead generators, content calendars, communication vehicles and management guidance and support.
BrandStar offers a high energy environment, competitive benefits and most importantly, the product: dynamic entertainment programming via five syndicated LIFETIME shows;
-The Balancing Act – Daily talk show format
-Mission Makeover – Health and wellness reality series for the mind/body/soul
-Designing Spaces – DIY makeovers in news magazine format for homeowners that is shot on location
-Access Health – Panel talk show format with themes ranging from medical/nutrition/fitness
-All Mixed Up –Student chef competition reality show
The position of the Executive Assistant (EA) was created to support the Associate Producers (AP). Their primary focus is to schedule appointments for the AP to have a Business to Business telephone conversation with prospective show participants. Ideal candidate must have call center experience, strong problem solver, in order to resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and research information, improve and promote quality and accuracy of thoroughness. Good judgment to be able to make willingness decisions, good planner, organized individual, able to prioritize and plan work activities in a realistic manor.
Minimum six months telesales/outbound calling experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong sales, goal oriented, professional, able to work under fast past environment.
**Bilingual Spanish is a plus. **
Brandstar is an expert at generating brand awareness for its partners through compelling, positive content-driven story lines that provide the opportunity for brand partners to connect more powerfully with their audiences across multiple screens, online and on-air. With our four award-winning shows airing on Lifetime Television- we’re the leader in Branded Entertainment. Our mission is to inspire and enhance the lives of our audience and women all over the world with original and relevant programming.
Do you have what it takes to be on top?
If you’d enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere where you’re recognized and rewarded for your results, then Brandstar may be the place for you.
This position pays COMPETITIVE BASE + UNCAPPED COMMISSION!
Become Part of the Team!
As an Inside Sales Brand Marketer with Brandstar, our professional program and ongoing weekly training will ensure that you learn and hone the skills and tools necessary to succeed in this career.
• Train with us and go on to work in sales with clients in the marketing and advertising industry.
• Build a great career right here at Brandstar managing your own team and a portfolio of high-level clients
• Move into a full cycle sales role, where you close deals and bring in clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for individuals who have experience in sales and have outpaced the pack in one or a number of areas in their lives, whether it’s academically, athletically, musically or extracurricular; developing leadership experience within academics, athletics, music, organizations, and in the workplace.
You Must Have:
• Proven Track Record of achievement
• Goal-Oriented and an Assertive mentality
• Willingness to learn and accept feedback
• Strong Persuasion skills
• Energetic phone presence and Excellent Active Listening skills
• Proven success at building and maintaining relationships
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Oh yeah… and like talking to people
The Freelance Editor's role is to transform raw footage filmed on the set/field for television shows into a polished final product for broadcast. Using computer technology, TV Editors mix video footage with music, sound effects, audio and special effects.