The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in receiving and applying cash payments to customer accounts and ensuring that all payments received are coded, and entered into the Accounts Receivable system on a timely basis. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for making collection calls, following up on payments and performing tasks associated with the recovery of payments from delinquent customers.
This position calls for a professional, analytical problem solver who will be responsible for effectively researching, analyzing, documenting and resolving discrepancies. Candidate must meet productivity deadlines therefore time management skills and self-motivation toward goal achievement is necessary. This individual should be a self-starter, must be willing to work on a variety of assignments, open to cross training and the possibility of assuming different positions within the accounting group.
The Staff Accountant is expected to process a large volume of work in a deadline driven environment with a “roll up your sleeves” type attitude. The Staff Accountant will create systems reports required for management including all financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations; maintain various financial schedules & analysis such as budgeting, investment planning, fixed asset, depreciation, cash flow, etc,; Interpret statistical and accounting information; Participate in and oversee month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing procedures following all GAAP and internal policies; Participate in and oversee financial coding to ensure all cost accounting is recorded properly; Participate in and oversee tracking and maintaining appropriate company insurance policies; Participate and oversee assigned quarterly and annual regulatory filings; Participate in and oversee standardizing financial practices and procedures; Prepare financial records in accordance with all SOX requirements. The position will also have overall responsibility for the A/P and A/R process including proper recording of sales, payments, and other transactions; creating new customers and invoices and applying payments according to procedures; reconciling AR subsidiary ledger to general journal; preparing any necessary journal entries; collaborating with Cash Collections and Cash Management; preparing bank reconciliations; and assisting with various payroll and payroll tax reports and maintain compliance with tax filings such as SUTA, EFTPS. The staff accountant may also assist with employee expense reports, cash control, collections calls, etc.
This is for Applicants that wish to apply to join the organization for a variety of company positions that are not currently listed as open. This will allow our HR Department to keep your application on file as positions open up within the Company.
We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist/Recruiter who has a passion for high volume recruiting, training, compliance, and employee relations. The HR Generalist/Recruiter will primarily be responsible for managing the full life-cycle recruiting process, including: sourcing and recruiting top talent, screening applicants, job offer negotiation, managing the applicant’s pre-employment checks to include: criminal background checks, references, and past employment, and initiating the on-boarding process. The HR Generalist/Recruiter will be responsible for utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, and the proactive identification of active and passive talent through execution of company process and creative thinking for challenging roles and markets, as well as placing and editing job advertisements in various media outlets, database management, and Internet resume mining. As needed, the HR Generalist/Recruiter will provide overall Generalist support in other areas to include: benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, talent management, leave management, payroll, new hire/exit interviews, unemployment compensation and other HR functions as assigned.
Although guidance and support will be provided, the HR Generalist/Recruiter candidate must be self-motivated and self-sufficient while working within a team environment.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years HR generalist and strong recruiting experience in corporate environment
• Candidates must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management or related field and hold a PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM/SCP certification preferred
• Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
• Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills.
• Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership
• Strong knowledge of employee relations & HR legal/regulatory issues
• Successful track record recruiting for a wide variety of professional and non-exempt positions
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up with a high volume of activity while juggling multiple competing tasks and demand
• Ability to work within a team and foster teamwork
• Able to influence and build strong business partnerships
• Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Direct candidate sourcing experience through multiple channels including, but not limited to social media networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+.), market research, personal networking, career fairs/events, job boards
• Strong vendor management experience related to recruitment activities such as job boards, social media, including relationships with local universities/colleges, Art Institutes, and other relevant external organizations
• Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in depth knowledge of data mining and Internet research
• Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required
• Prior experience working in a creative/marketing/ production/studio environment a plus
BrandStar, the leaders in branded content programming and the producers of the Award winning television series The Balancing Act and Designing Spaces on Lifetime Television, are accepting resumes for an Associate Producer to be part of our programming team. This position is available immediately and includes an extensive training program, base salary, excellent commission, bonus structure, support staff, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our unique sales method is unlike any in the industry! You must be capable and comfortable with spending hours on the telephone having impactful, peer to peer conversations over the telephone with Presidents, VP’s of Marketing, and Brand Managers of consumer brands marketed throughout the US. The objective of the call is to identify solutions and initiatives that the company offers consumers and, if appropriate, explain the project along with the requirements to participate in our invitation only programs.
World Class Associate Producers possess skill sets that easily build business rapport, are naturally curious, are prepared for any question, have unshakable confidence, can easily bounce back from rejection, listen intently, conduct their business with the highest level of integrity, are passionate, enthusiastic, know how to improvise, are responsible and accountable for their own actions, and most of all dedicated to success.
Our most successful Associate Producers come from diverse backgrounds and career disciplines such as executive sales, teachers, stock brokers, advertising executives, and marketing. A background in television is an advantage but not part of our hiring criteria. You must be self disciplined and dedicated to producing world class solution oriented programming for women.
Our unique approach requires that any candidate considered MUST be both trainable and coachable as our sales methods are far from traditional. This is not an entry level position. A verifiable employment history and success is essential. Our offering is a “big ticket” intangible and many of our employees have worked in our industry and for our company for years. This is a career opportunity with plenty of room for growth. You must not be afraid to present an opportunity where discussing money is involved.
While a great majority of your time will be spent presenting our opportunity over the telephone, this is not a “one call close” or “boiler room” operation so please do not apply if that is the type of position you are seeking.
BrandStar is recognized as the World leader in Branded Entertainment Television. We are the producers of multiple, award winning television series airing on Lifetime. We are looking for a motivated, organized and talented individual to join our winning team. The Programming Coordinator will work in a fast paced B2B sales environment and must be comfortable making a high volume of outbound calls on a daily basis.
The Programming Coordinator will reach out to prospective show participants to schedule a phone appointment with one of our producers. You will be speaking with high level decision makers at some of the largest and well-known companies in the United States and abroad. You will manage your producer’s calendar and send meeting invites for the call via Microsoft Outlook. The Appointment Setter will enter all information discussed into Brandstar's database. This is a fast-paced, fun, team-oriented work environment. We offer a generous compensation plan. We also provide excellent training, benefits and advancement opportunities. Come grow with us!
**Bilingual Spanish is a plus.**
The Freelance Editor's role is to transform raw footage filmed on the set/field for television shows into a polished final product for broadcast. Using computer technology, TV Editors mix video footage with music, sound effects, audio and special effects.
The Motion Graphics Designer with an expertise in video editing will be responsible for post-production work creating motion graphics, animation, editing raw footage, and telling stories through the video editing process. This individual will collaborate with Producers to understand project scope and objectives and design motion graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear visuals; design and produce motion graphics/animation for video deliverables (commercials, sizzle reels, online videos, event videos, etc.); assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc. for graphic design; edit raw video footage into video stories; create storyboards and design concepts that clearly define the graphics’ intent; participate in brainstorming sessions to share video and design perspectives and ideas; maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files and archiving.
The Producer will act as key support to the Creative Director, and will be a team leader in an efficient and highly creative environment.
The Producer must be highly organized, methodical and able to prioritize a multitude of tasks under the pressure of tight deadlines, including:
- Coordinating all elements and phases of the project
- Shoot planning and budgeting
- Must be skilled in maintaining and continuously improving upon organizational workflow efficiencies
- Know how to manage multiple, often overlapping deadlines.
- Conceptualizing, writing and producing short format video including broadcast commercials, sizzle reels, online videos, event videos, etc.
- Collaborating with team to understand project scope and objectives to transform complicated concepts into clear visuals
- Conceptualizing and creating storyboard video shoots; collaborate in creative discussions to help provide creative solutions for execution that are budget conscious
- Collaborating with video editors and motion graphics designers to deliver highest production value to projects
- Meeting and consulting with clients regarding pre-production, production, crew, cameras, equipment, lighting, post, processing and deliverables
- Working with internal team to coordinate shoots including DPs, camera operators, digital techs, editors and production support crew to organize shoots, manage shoot schedules and manage travel; negotiating and preparing estimates, etc.
- Acquiring all production forms including certificates of insurance, account applications, credit card approval forms and applications
- Overseeing shoots to completion through billing including closeout sheets.